A Structural View of Biology
This resource is powered by the Protein Data Bank archive-information about the 3D shapes of proteins, nucleic acids, and complex assemblies that helps students and researchers understand all aspects of biomedicine and agriculture, from protein synthesis to health and disease.
The RCSB PDB builds upon the data by creating tools and resources for research and education in molecular biology, structural biology, computational biology, and beyond.
KRas G12C in complex with Compound 5c
XFEL crystal structure of the human sphingosine 1 phosphate receptor 5 in complex with ONO-5430608
KpAckA (PduW) with AMPPNP, sodium acetate complex structure
Cryo-EM structure of the 20S Alpha 3 Deletion proteasome core particle
Crystal Structure of the second bromodomain of human BRD2 in complex with the inhibitor Y13157
Local CryoEM structure of del68-76/del679-688 prefusion-stabilized spike in complex with the Fab of N12-9
pMMO structure from native membranes by cryoET and STA
AMC009 SOSIPv5.2 in complex with Fabs ACS101 and ACS124
PARK7 with covalent inhibitor JYQ-88
Features & Highlights
Improved EM validation with Q-score
Starting September 23rd, wwPDB validation of EM structures for which there is both a model and an EM volume will include the Q-score metric
New Position: Senior Front-end Web Developer
Join RCSB PDB to design, develop, & deploy modern web and data applications & complex user interfaces. Help accelerate research and training in biology, medicine, & related disciplines.
Developers: Switch to Search API v2 Before July 13
Documentation about Search API v2 is available. V1 will not be supported after July 13, 2022.
PDB Data Distributions
Explore PDB holdings by experimental method and molecular type, along with numbers for structures with experimental and small molecule data
Subscribe to API News
Stay up-to-date with web service developments and announcements from RCSB PDB
Postdocs and Scientific Software Developers
Join RCSB PDB to design, develop, & deploy modern web and data applications & complex user interfaces. Help accelerate research and training in biology, medicine, & related disciplines. Positions at Rutgers and SDSC/UCSD.
New Ways to Explore Similar Proteins
"Group" summary pages and search results simplify exploration of PDB structures with similar sequence identity/UniProt ID or were deposited as part of the same study
Distributing PDBx/mmCIF-Formatted Assembly Files
The PDB archive now distributes assembly files in PDBx/mmCIF format, allowing direct access and visualization of curated assemblies for all PDB entries.
Explore Ligand Quality
A new publication describes the graphical summaries of quality assessments available at RCSB.org
Access Membrane Protein Annotations
New publication describes improved annotation, search and visualization of membrane proteins
See new feature archive
- Congratulations to Akua Donkor for Understanding the role of pyridoxal reductase in pyridoxal 5’-phosphate homeostasis» 08/09/2022
- The Molecule of the Month creator will receive the I. Fankuchen Award at the American Crystallographic Association's annual meeting.» 08/01/2022
- National Coloring Book Day is August 2. Celebrate by coloring Polysome, part of The Biologist Magazine's Big Biochemical Colouring-in Series at PDB-101» 07/31/2022
- Join us for posters, presentations, and more at the annual meeting of the American Crystallographic Association (July 29-August 3). Interested in joining our team? Talk to us to learn more.» 07/26/2022
- Congratulations to Nicola Bordin for AlphaFold2 reveals commonalities and novelties in protein structure space for 21 model organisms» 07/19/2022
- Announcements for Developers; New Structure Annotations; Award-winning PDB-101 images; and more; Education Corner on Bound! A Protein-Drug Card Game» 07/12/2022
- Join us for posters and presentations at the Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology and 3DSIG: Structural Bioinformatics and Computational Biophysics. Interested in joining our team? Talk to us to learn more.» 07/10/2022
- The Molecule of the Month creator will receive the Carl Brändén Award at The Protein Society's annual meeting.» 07/08/2022
- Join us for posters and award presentations at The Protein Society's annual symposium. Interested in joining our team? Talk to us to learn more.» 07/05/2022
- This article describes file standards and governance, and summarizes software tools for data processing and checking.» 06/28/2022
Molecule of the Month
Quarterly News (see archive)
Announcements for Developers; New Structure Annotations; Award-winning PDB-101 images; and more; Education Corner on Python Scripting for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Spring 2022 Issue